TSR Forum Index

<  Other  ~  Opera... do you like it?

HaRdT
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I know, it's kind of strange askin' it on TSR boards but... are you here because of james? or just because of the rock and metal inside this project? OR do you really like tenors?

For me, it's a percet suit. I'm not the "gentle old man who goes every friday to the Opera with his mam", but I really apreciate tenors ... and rock ... well, this guy "James" too Laughing

sorry for my poor english.. it's about 28 hours since I'm awake working on my website... I'm starting to "I SEEE DEAD PEEEOPLEEEE" (ok, not that funny Embarassed )

WELL WELLL, how about you? Very Happy

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Jul 2006 Posts: 14 Location: Canberra, Australia
Yup....grandfather was a fan (RIP 10 years on)

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
To be honest...because of James, although I always appreciate good singers Wink

Great site, btw HaRdT !
Now...get some rest Laughing

Caroline

Agustin
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 Posts: 11 Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Well I do like Opera, I love Opera!!

I am the kind of guy who goes to the opera everytime I can. Here in Uruguay unluckily, people and goverment doesn't have the interest or budget to bring good opera shows every week like in the US, Europe and other places, so big Operas occur like once in a month, and then you have students who stage their own operas with really low budget.

But yes I love opera. I am a tenor "in the making" myself, being studying now for almost a complete year. Besides this project takes a new dimension to Arias and Songs I know, love and certainly will study myself (a metal dimension which is a kick ass idea). I have been spreading the trailer to every friend of mind who studies Opera and like metal, and so far they love it. So my two biggest interests are in this project, Opera and James.

Greets!!

From Rudolph's aria "Che Gelida Manina!" from La Boheme.
brainworx
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Jun 2006 Posts: 15
Hey guys!*
I must say that I REALLY like what I am reading here, because we are absolutely SERIOUS about opera with the TSR crew! It would be great to do some live-shows in a REAL opera-house... well, we´ll see later what we can do, hm?
Cheers, THANK YOU for spreading the good word so far!
--> We had 1 MILLION clicks on the TSR-site so far.. in a very short time, I would say...
Dirk.* Rolling Eyes Razz
lutima
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I linked the Making Of TSR vid to all the other DT boards, and most people are very enthousiastic about the project !! Very Happy Who wouldn't be ? Wink
Of course there will always be people who comment negative (as real fans we stand way above those people, right ? Wink ) , but Internet is the fastest way of spreading great things like this !

Can't wait for the album !!!!!

Caroline

hollen
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Personaly, I like opera. As a singer, i took some lessons to sing.
I worked on Don Giovanni (Mozart), Franz Lizt (there's an amazing song called "Morgen")...

Of course, i like the "hits" (i mean bel canto classics).

E lucevan le stelle is my n°1. Th esong is very very sad, but to me it's the pure expression of the feeling you can have when you are confronted to death. It's genius!

It touch me right to the heart...as some sounds made by James. There's no explanation...just the feeling.

I think I'll have never heard this project without James even if i think it's a very very good idea.

That was my opinion.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 Posts: 11 Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Speaking of Opera and "E Lucevan Le Stelle", this saturday I will be assisting to "Tosca", here in Montevideo. It is an amazing international production, with amazing latinamerican singers.

The Mario Cavaradossi role will be performed by an amazing 65 year old argentinian tenor, who still has an excellent voice. Can't wait!!

Greets!

From Rudolph's aria "Che Gelida Manina!" from La Boheme.
Orodaran at the Opera
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm here because of James. And while I may not be an "Opera fan" (in the sense that I don't have a favorite singer, a favorite tune, I went to the theatre just with school etc etc) classic music is something I enjoy (again, not to the point of having classical discs but I surely don't frown my face in horror when they show the New Year's Day concert!!!) and appreciate - after all classical music and heavy metal share the same intensity, grandeur and passion so how to not like them both? Wink

Maschetto
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:01 am Reply with quote
Hi there, here is a brazilian fan, who actually lives in South Korea... Shocked

I do like classical music, however, I'm quite picky on operas. I like more the "heavy metal" ones from Wagner, like the complete Ring and Lohengrin. On the italian side, I have my restrictions on Puccini, Rossini, and most of the "inis". I like Verdi, though, and Aida has great moments.

But I'm more into symphonies, chamber music and solos. Baroque is my favourite period, Bach and Handel the gods. Mozart rules and Beethoven is great. Mahler, speechless. And the Russian school...and many others (Carlos Gomes and Villa-Lobos!).

Looking forward to TSR ! (although the old "3 Tenors" project is known in the classical music community as the "3 Terrors", TSR will be far better than that !)

Renato Maschetto
Knobo
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Personally I'm not really into opera (that might change after TSR though Wink). I'm interested in anything that has anything to do with DT so obviously I would check this out. Smile Then seeing how great it is and seeing how proffessional it all is, of course one would just love it all (not only the fact that James is part of it).